Eurosys is organizing a shadow program committee for the EuroSys 2022 conference under the sponsorship of EuroSys. If you are interested in participating, please apply online at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=eurosys22shadowapp before October 23, 2021. You will be requested to complete the application form, and attach your CV. Please also get in touch if you have any questions at email@example.com.
Why join a shadow PC?
Serving on a shadow PC is an excellent opportunity for young systems researchers (PhD students, postdocs, and new faculty members) to gain experience in community service, i.e., program committee practices.
Serving as a member of a shadow PC is a lot of work. But, besides the recognition of being selected, it is also worthwhile for a number of reasons, including:
- Getting to know how an academic PC is run and how it operates;
- Seeing how more experienced reviewers judge the same papers that you review;
- Getting to see both strong and weak papers at the submission stage;
- Discovering what it takes to publish a paper in a highly selective conference, such as EuroSys;
- Having a chance to read top-notch papers in your area of expertise before they are published;
- Getting to know other young researchers who are also selected to the shadow PC.
How does the shadow PC work?
Shadow PC members must commit themselves to writing their own detailed and rigorous reviews for papers assigned to them by the allotted deadlines. This timely review commitment is essential to the good functioning of the Shadow PC. Candidates who might be unable to fulfill their reviewing duties should refrain from applying. We expect a review load of 10-15 papers per member in one review round. Members will not be expected to take part in a rebuttal stage. Shadow PC members are also expected to attend a one-day online shadow PC meeting.
Submit your application at: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=eurosys22shadowapp
For any further information, please contact the shadow PC chairs: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tegawendé Bissyande (Université du Luxembourg, Luxembourg)
- Gaël Thomas (Telecom SudParis – Institut Polytechnique de Paris, France)
Important dates (shadow PC)
- Deadline to apply for shadow PC: 23 October 2021
- Reviews due (tentative): 9 December 2021
- Online discussions: 10 December – 14 December 2021
- Online shadow PC meeting: 17 December 2021
- Main conference program: 27-28 April 2022
All deadline times are 23:59 hrs UTC.